Filing Taxes

Filing Taxes as a J-1 Exchange Visitor

It’s important to be aware that, as a nonresident in the US, you’re legally required to file a tax return if you received US income during 2023.  

In fact, even if you didn’t work or receive income in the US, you’re still obliged to file a Form 8843 with the IRS.  

Rian J-1 has partnered with Sprintax Returns  to help you with your US taxes. Sprintax will guide you through the tax preparation process, arrange the necessary documents and check if you’re due a tax refund.

To prepare your tax documents with Sprintax today, simply: 

  • Register here and follow the simple instructions  
  • Complete the online questionnaire  
  • Contact Rian J-1 for our unique coupon code.

Sprintax will then prepare your tax return. 

Finally, once you complete the preparation process in the Sprintax software, you must print, sign and mail your documents to the IRS. You may also have an opportunity to e-file your federal tax return. 

If you have any questions, the Sprintax team will be happy to help via their 24/7 live chat facility.  

Please find more information about paying & filing taxes in Section 3 of the Rian J-1 Employment Guide.